Monday, April 23, 2007

Q: So, What Have We Here?

A: Sarcastically dismissive pop Music reviews by a guy who's too old to care, really.

Q: Too old? Come Again?

A: You know how you're in your teens and popular music is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING in the WHOLE WORLD and you're lying on your bed crying into your pillow because Johnny went to the prom with Suzy and only the Britney understands the depth of your loss?

Yeah, I'm older than that.

Q: So if you don't care about Pop music, what are you doin' here?

A: Just because I don't understand or care doesn't mean I don't.... Nah, screw it. There's still a bunch of stuff I like, even at my advanced age. And there was always a bunch of stuff I hated. Here's the thing: I don't love popular music, don't hate it, my identity isn't defined by it, but I'm not indifferent to it. That puts me in a unique position to review it.

Plus I'm a sarcastic asshole, and I need an outlet for that.

As for deeper meanings, call this a combination of up-to-the-minute sociological analysis of our culture as defined by it's music and an old guy sitting in a rocking chair with a shotgun yelling "Hey Kids! Get off my lawn!"

And sometimes I might talk about stuff I like, too. I'm keeping the format as open as possible, I think. I'm a cool type-a bruther. We'll see where it goes.

No comments: